Sunday 16 April 2017

The New Pretty!

Happy Easter Sunday,

I hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing.

I am back with another card inspired by the 'Strong' challenge at CASology-sorry CASology DT for yet another entry! I didn't realise how many sentiments I had focused around this cue word but it has been fun using them and it has inspired me to start an Art Journal with the first page focused on being strong. I think it will be a good to have a page like this that I can look back on when I need a little extra strength to help me through the tough times.

Anyway, enough dribble and back to me card:


Yes that is copic colouring you see! Water colouring yesterday, copic colouring today...goodness what is happening to me-CAS is still there! The colours were taken again from the butterflies in the photo from The Card Concept. (CAS this time)

The lay out from CAS(E) this Sketch.

The butterfly stamp is from STAMPlorations and I will enter it into their CAS challenge using the twist of pastel colours

The sentiment is from The Ton and I will enter it into their April AG challenge. I heat embossed it in white.

Enjoy you day x


     

april       

16 comments:

  1. Wow Sandie I love this! My intention is to color this butterfly in the similar way, using different colors for different areas of the butterfly, and you have mastered this! Great look. I also love love love that sentiment -when I come over, I want to heat emboss it to some card bases so I can stamp over it when back at home and it will resist the stamping! Love it here with white on black. Great card hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. So fantastic that you are coloring--and white embossing, also. Never apologize for entering at CASology twice--I always love seeing you in our gallery. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week, and happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love this sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really fabulous CAS card and such a great sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great text! And love the bold colours and butterfly! Enjoy the easterweekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strong has always been an attribute to admire, Sandie... love this perfect sentiment, and the seconds for our CTS challenge!! Beautiful card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. The broad strip with sentiment and that colored butterfly are so decorative together. The sentiment is the focal point and the butterfly is like an embellishment. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your copic coloring is amazing! And the sentiment is perfect. We could all use this card! Love your take on the cue word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and love that wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandie!! Your butterfly is so pretty!! I love the colors you used. Your sentiment is awesome too. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beauty!
    Thanks for joining CASology & CTS !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandie! Love the bold and colorful butterfly. And I love too, the sentiment. You combined 2 powerful images for your lovely card. Works it's magic perfectly! Thank you for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, this is simply GORGEOUS, Sandie!!!! What a great take on the CTS sketch!!!! Beautifully done and such a fabulous CAS card!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, Sandie ... love how the delicacy of that lovely butterfly contrasts wonderfully with the bold sentiment panel ... and sentiment! You're making The Ton very tempting! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES! it certainly is! LOVE that sentiment! This is a great card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am addicted to this butterfly stamp! Wonderful coloring! Beautiful card Sandie! Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at STAMPlorations CAS challenge ! :)
    Suchi - DT xx

    ReplyDelete

//